Grumman G-73 Mallard
|Első repülés||30 April 1946|
A Grumman G-73 Mallard is a medium, twin-engined amphibious aircraft. Many have been modified by replacing the original Pratt & Whitney Wasp H radial engines with modern turboprop engines. Manufactured from 1946 to 1951, production ended when Grumman’s larger SA-16 Albatross was introduced.
|Grumman G-73 Mallard Walk Around|
|Lokalizáció||Nemzeti Légi és Űrmúzeum|
|Grumman Mallard Walk Around|
Keresse készletek az eBay-en:
The Grumman G-73 Mallard is a twin-engine amphibious aircraft designed and built by Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corporation in the late 1940s. It is a larger and more powerful version of the earlier Grumman Goose, with a longer fuselage, higher wing loading, and retractable landing gear. The Mallard can carry up to 17 passengers or 2,500 lb (1,134 kg) of cargo, and can operate from land or water. It has a cruising speed of 191 mph (307 km/h) and a range of 1,055 mi (1,698 km). The Mallard was used by various civilian operators for charter flights, air taxi services, aerial photography, and sightseeing tours. It was also adopted by some military and government agencies for utility and transport roles. Some Mallards were modified with turboprop engines for improved performance and reliability. The Mallard was produced from 1946 to 1951, with a total of 59 aircraft built. It is one of the few amphibious aircraft still in service today, with some examples preserved in museums or flying as historic aircraft.
Views : 2382