|M19 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage|
|Роля||Self-propelled anti-aircraft weapon|
1. M19 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage (MGMC) was a World War II United States Army self-propelled anti-aircraft weapon on the M24 light tank chassis. It was equipped with two Bofors 40 mm (1.6 in) guns. It was produced by Cadillac and Massey-Ferguson of Canada near the end of 1944. The M19 was developed from the T65 which was based on the M5 light tank chassis. The original design was improved upon and designated the T65E1. It was accepted into service in May 1944 as the M19 MGMC, equipping several U.S. Army anti-aircraft units during World War II. The M19A1 was an improved variant with an auxiliary engine and spare barrels for the 40 mm Bofors guns.
|Twin 40mm GMC M19 Walk Around|
Намерете комплекти в иБей:
The M19 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage was a self-propelled anti-aircraft weapon developed by the United States during World War II. It was based on the chassis of the M24 Chaffee light tank and armed with two 40 mm Bofors guns mounted in an open-topped turret. The M19 was intended to provide mobile air defense for armored units, but it also proved effective against ground targets such as infantry, light vehicles, and bunkers.
The M19 was designed in 1943 as a replacement for the earlier M13 and M16 half-track variants, which had less mobility and firepower. The M19 used the same turret as the M42 Duster, which was developed later in the war. The M19 had a crew of six: a commander, a driver, a gunner, a loader, and two ammunition handlers. The vehicle carried 352 rounds of 40 mm ammunition in clips of four. The guns could traverse 360 degrees and elevate from -5 to +85 degrees. The M19 had a maximum speed of 35 mph (56 km/h) and a range of 150 miles (240 km).
The M19 entered service in late 1944 and saw action in the European and Pacific theaters. It was especially useful in the Battle of the Bulge, where it helped counter the German Luftwaffe attacks on Allied supply lines. The M19 also supported the amphibious landings in the Philippines and Okinawa, where it engaged both aircraft and kamikaze boats. After the war, the M19 remained in service with the US Army until 1953, when it was replaced by the M42 Duster. Some M19s were also exported to other countries, such as France, Belgium, and South Korea.
Views : 2340