|Location||:||Kubinka Armor Museum, Russia|
|Type||:||Amphibious light tank|
|Production||:||1940–41 (222 built)|
Album of 48 photos walk-around of a «T-40S tank»
|Video||:||See the video|
Photo Gallery of a T-40S tank, The T-40 amphibious scout tank was an amphibious light tank used by the Soviet Union during World War II.
Amphibious capability was important to the Red Army, as evidenced by the production of over 1,500 amphibious tanks in the 1930s. The T-40 was intended to replace the aging T-37 and T-38 tank light amphibians. It was a superior design, but due to the pressures of war the Soviets favored the production of simpler tank designs, and only a small number of T-40s were built.
- soviet T-40s