Album of 43 photos walk-around of a Pak 38
The 5 cm PaK 38 (L/60) (5 cm Panzerabwehrkanone 38 (L/60)) was a German anti-tank gun of 50 mm calibre. It was developed in 1938 by Rheinmetall-Borsig AG as a successor to the 37 mm PaK 36, and was in turn followed by the 75 mm PaK 40.
The PaK 38 was first used by the German forces during the Second World War in April 1941. When the Germans faced Soviet tanks in 1941 during Operation Barbarossa, the PaK 38 was one of the few early guns capable of effectively penetrating the 45 mm (1.8 in) armor of the T-34. Additionally, the gun was also equipped with Panzergranate 40 APCR shots which had a hard tungsten core, in an attempt to penetrate the armor of the heavier KV-1 tank. Although it was replaced by more powerful weapons, it remained a potent and useful weapon and remained in service with the Wehrmacht until the end of the war.
Views : 9
- 1/6th scale Dragon W W 2 German Army 50 MM Anti-Tank Gun
- pak 38 anti-tank gun
- walkaround Pak 36(r)
- Dragon 1/6th scale of W W 2 German 50M M anti tank gun
- cyber hobby pak 38 ammo
- antitanque pak 40 italeri 2gm model kit
- PaK 38 (PanzerAbwehrKanone 38)
- 37-мм PaK 34 walk around
- pak38 barrel size
- photos of Dragon D I D 1/6th scale W W 2 German Army Pak 40 50MM anti-tank gun
- vickers wellington walkaround photos
- german zerstorer z-37