Introduction to Global Military History: 1775 to the Present Day
주제: Modern Military history
크기: 9.61 x 6.85 x 0.79 in
This lucid account of military developments around the modern world begins with the American War of Independence and the French revolutionary wars and continues chronologically to the latest 21st century conflicts. It combines determinedly global coverage with thought-provoking analysis not only of the military aspects of conflict but also its social, cultural, political and economic dimensions and consequences.
By placing familiar events alongside the largely unknown, the reader is forced to reassess the standard grand narrative of military history that rests on assumptions of Western cultural and technological superiority. It will be essential reading for students worldwide, whether studying modern military history, modern world history, history and international relations or war and society.
This fully updated second edition includes:
chapter introductions and conclusions to assist study and revision
'Voices of War' sourced extracts from the field of conflict
case studies in each chapter to support the narrative and provoke discussion
a 12-page colour map section and over 20 other integrated maps
annotated references from the latest publications in the field
Jeremy Black is Professor of History at the University of Exeter, UK. He is a leading military historian whose books include Rethinking Military History, World war Two: A Military History, and Why Wars Happen. He is editor of the Routledge Warfare and History series and has lectured extensively in North America, Europe and Australasia.
- summary of chapter 1 global military history by jeremy black
- (250 words approx ) summary of chapter 1 from Jeremy Black Introduction to Global Military History
- chapter 1 summary of global military history
- global military history by jeremy black chapter summary
- Introduction to Global Military History: 1775 to the Present Day 2012 book review
- jeremy black summary of introduction to global military history chapter 1
- summary of chapter 1 of introduction to global military history 1775 to the present day